Tuesday, April 1, 2014

March 31 - April 5

Monday: It was sunny outside.  I'd stayed off my leg both Saturday and Sunday.  I could still feel a little something, but it felt a bit better.
Tried to run... got half a mile and it cramped up and locked.  I ended up walking home, trying to run.  I know 'sore' muscles.  This isn't it.  It is pulled!
Frustrated because I didn't have enough time at that point to get to the gym, get a decent workout in, and be home for the kids.  Couldn't really jump around and lifting/xtraining just wasn't cutting it!  Sometimes I just need to move!!!  I'll stay off my leg as much as I can.  I'll bike, swim and row this week.
Not stressed about the half marathon... already ran that.  I am, however anxious about getting my miles up for the June marathon.  I'll stick with it... I just need my leg to recover!

Tuesday: 2400 meter swim (did 1400 around 30 minutes.  want to start timing myself)
bike - 12 miles @ 30 minutes.  did hill intervals.

Wednesday: yogalates class - first time trying this.  it didn't feel all that challenging, but my shoulders are sore this morning.  it was good to try something new.  i'd like to take a real yoga class.
cycled 20 minutes easy cardio, rowed 15 minutes.  felt tired...

Thursday: rest, sore and tired

Friday: swim 2300 meters, bike 30 min

Saturday:  I have been such a good girl.  I've stayed off my leg for the whole week!  I was really hoping to run 16 miles today.  That is where I want to be with my marathon training.  BUT, I didn't know if I could even go a mile, so I had no expectations...  I went on the treadmill, it was cold, windy, and raining...
As I ran, pain free I felt a little glimmer of hope, oh how I love to run.  I made it all of 1 mile before the pull was back.  It took my breath away for a minute, but I continued to run.  I felt EVERY. SINGLE. STEP.  And it hurt!  Buuuuut I still went 7 miles.  It was all I could do to finish that last .25.
I was going to head over to swim, to get more time up, but didn't.
And, for the rest of the day I had a hard time walking.  My leg reminded me it is not better!

No comments:

Post a Comment