Tuesday, July 16, 2013

July 8 - 13

Monday: 5 treadmill.  M1 7.5, M2 8, M3 8 - 8/3, M4 8.3 - 8.5, M5 8.5 - 9 up to 10 at the end.

Tuesday: 8 with Natalie.  (1:03)  My time is off just a little, but we were about 8/mile.  A little slower than I've been running, but I don't care, it was so good to run w/ her!  My legs were sore after this run though... crazy!  Had to potty break twice, also crazy.  She told me about Imodium and I'm going to try that on my Saturday run.

Wednesday: rest/edit all day!

Thursday: Hill repeats 5 miles.  Couldn't find my watch, but this is the day it doesn't matter!  They hurt my legs more than I remember from last time.  I'm never sore after, but my legs were burning this w/o.

Friday: Tired legs = bike ride, which still burned, just in different areas!  Went 15 miles.  Felt good to be on my bike, I'll miss it for the next 6 weeks.  Wonder about coming back and going right into the Olympic tri... Feel I'll need to cycle in UT to be ready.  I want to swim at least 1/wk too.

Saturday:  12 miles 1:30: 34 (7:32)  This was a good run.  I ate 1/2 bagel and 1/2 yogurt for bfast.  I took Imodium to try... worked... didn't poop for the next two days!  If that is what it takes to get me through a marathon w/o pooping I'll take it!!!  I did take G-rade and some chews.  May as well hydrate and fuel no matter the distance, so I can run my best.  Felt a little tired first 4.  Took me a minute to settle in.  Felt very strong finishing.  The last 4 felt good and easy.  Ran first 4 in 30:25, next 4 in 29: 51, then last 4 in 30: 17.  I think I'll try to watch my miles every 4 or 5 miles with the marathon, to make sure I'm on pace.  Now I taper, marathon in less than two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment