Monday, October 14, 2013

October 7 - 12

My calves have been so sore lately!
I may need to switch to my cushioned shoes to shake it up a bit.  Which is worse, sore calves or sore glutes?  Glutes feel worse to me, so I wear my minimal shoes!

Monday...
blah day... no running...

Tuesday.
The sun was shining and I felt all better.  This fall weather has been amazing.  I don't recommend doing speed work after 2 days of no running.  I warmed up the first half mile, but it wasn't enough for me to feel like I was on my legs.  Oh well.  We keep going!  I did 5 miles of speed.  I did half at 5k speed maybe (I don't really know what my 5k pace is), then half rest pace.  I need to experiment with my Garmin a bit.  I thought I new how to do manual laps (other than a mile), but I don't so I had to separate out each 800m.









Wednesday.
Today I was waiting for the FedEx truck.  It was one of those days you are afraid to go anywhere because you don't want to miss your delivery.  I had to sign for it.  I thought it wouldn't come until later in the day, but thought with my luck if I left for a run, my delivery would come!
So, I ran up and down my street! 
Speed work again?  In between my 800's I came in and did weights and situps etc.
I did one last set at 8 pace.
I felt a little silly running past the guy who was washing his car... I shouldn't but I did a little!
He was totally still washing cars like 3 hours later!  That's dedication/obsession.
AND the FedEx guy didn't come until after the kids got home





Thursday.
Tempo run.  This was a good run.  My goal was to go 7.  Do 2 @ 8, then 3 @ 7:15 pace, then 2 @ 8.  My last temp the middle 3 were at 7:15-ish I think.  I exceeded my goal, even with 2 days previous speed work!  Maybe that means I didn't push hard enough on my speed workout?!

 
Friday.
I chose to ride today.  Again with this weather!  I didn't give myself too much time, spent time working.  Always so glad to get out.  I'm in love with this fall.
 
 
Saturday.
Supposed to do a LR today... didn't.
Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment