Monday, June 17, 2013

June 17 - 22

Monday: Pushed boys in stroller.  Tough workout!  Felt I'd be super slow.  Kept my pace and finished the 5 miles at 38:06 (7:37).  The stroller makes you stronger!  Felt much better after I dropped O off!  Was lighter!  May try this again.  Boys aren't so interested in riding anymore, but it's fun to take O to school in the stroller!

Tuesday: Up at 5:40 am, took off at 6 for 10 miles before the kids go to school.  Cool this morning.  I need to take my camera out with me, came up on 6 deer and scared them!  Usually it's the other way around!  Felt fatigue at the end.  Didn't take any fluid or fuel w/ me.  Did drink some chocolate milk before going.  1:16:43 (7:40)

Wednesday: rest

Thursday: 7 miles hills.  Did hill repeats up Youngs.  It was tough the last mile, but we got it done!

Friday: 4 tml.  My legs were sore from hills and I wanted to conserve some strength for my long run.

Saturday:  Wanted to actually go 22 miles.  I want to train a full 3 hours before this marathon. 
My prep the night before was good as far as timing.  I ate around 5:30, before my shoot, and didn't eat after that.  I only had a bowl of Ramen noodles... I was in such a hurry!  I don't think it was enough of a carb load, but the timing was good for me.  I didn't have to stop at all on my long run!
I got up at 5, ate oatmeal and had chocolate milk.  I took a gu and gu chomps out with me.  I don't think the chomps work as well for replenishing.  I ate 2 at a time and had to refuel with them more often.  I totally ran out of liquid at mile 14.  It was a hot morning, which is good practice for UT.  I just couldn't do it w/o more Gatorade.  I only ran 18, and those last 2 miles were hard on me.  I was parched! 
My right foot is feeling funky too!  My toes are bruised.  So funny because last 20 miler was just fine.  I had shin splints from my hill w/o so that carried over into my run.  My shins have been a bit sore recovering. 
I definitely think two weeks is optimal for jumping up in miles, but I'm at least building stores making my body do these long runs every other week.  I hope to do the 22 week after next. 
My overall time was like 2 hrs 40 min.  My watch was off there at the end, I forgot to start it at a light.  I kept a good pace until my hydration issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment